If you have one or more of these sysmptoms, it could well do.
1. One or more radiators are completely or partially cold.
2. The radiators require frequent bleeding of collected air.
3. The boiler clunks and bangs, especially at start-up.
4. The central heating header tank is warm (or even hot!) and showing signs of debris.
5. Central heating pump or zone valve failures.
6. Black water from radiators when emptied or bled of air.
7. The age factor: A heating system that is older that 5 years will likely have built-up enough corrosion to reduce efficiency and warrant a Power Flush.
Power Flush is an effective technique to keep your radiators and heating system working efficiently.
During a Power Flush, water and cleaning chemicals are pumped through your radiators using a specially designed pumping unit which flushes out any build-up of dirt that is causing partial blockages within your heating system.
Once all the system has been cleaned and tested, we add an inhibitor to slow down further corrosion.
All work is carried out by fully qualified engineers, using high tech equipment and high quality materials – we ONLY use quality corrosion inhibitors and flushing products.
Power Flushing can take from as little as four hours up to eight hours, depending on how much sludge is in your system and how many radiators you have.
It will help to heat your home more efficiently reducing your energy costs
It will help increase the lifespan of your central heating pump and other motorised valves
It will help reduce radiator corrosion or internal heating system corrosion
It can help to eliminate banging noises (kettling) and prolongs the life of your boiler
It could save you time and money spent on central heating repairs in the future
Note - System flushing will not remedy design or mechanical faults, which should be rectified, but in many cases it will cure the problems caused by these.